The college admission process shouldn’t be intimidating. As long as you meet the school’s requirements, you should be on your way to getting accepted to the university of your dreams! Let’s dive into everything you need to know about understanding the college admission process.
It’s important to have phenomenal test scores on the SAT and ACT to get accepted into your top universities. Work with a professional tutor from Jantzi Test Prep to ace these exams!
It’s All About Your Application
The main focus of the college admission process is your application. Before you start applying, research the admissions requirements for your top colleges. Some common criteria you may need to provide includes:
- Academic transcript. If you have time, work hard to improve your GPA. Make up any missed work and take on extra credit to give it a boost.
- Test scores. Depending on the school, they most likely will require your test score on the SAT, ACT, or even both. Earning an outstanding score can significantly increase your chances of getting accepted.
- College essay. Your essay should be grammatically correct, compelling, and thoroughly answer the prompt.
- A personal statement. This showcases why you want to attend the college you’re applying to and why you’d be a great fit.
- Letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendations from your teachers, coaches, or other superiors give colleges more insight into your character.
- A portfolio. If you have artwork, graphic designs, publications, or something similar, some colleges are interested in viewing a portfolio of this work.
When Will I Hear Back?
The next part of the process is waiting. College admissions counselors process thousands of applications, so you’ll need to be patient. How quickly you’ll hear back depends on how you applied and the way the college does their admissions:
- If you applied early decision, you will likely be notified early- to mid-December.
- If your college does rolling admissions, you’ll likely be notified in six to eight weeks.
- If your college has a regular admissions deadline, you’ll likely be notified in March or April. Be sure to check the university’s site for specific dates.
What about Financial Aid?
While you’re waiting to hear back about your acceptance, this is the time to apply for financial aid. You can fill out a free application for Federal Student Aid which grants funding based on your financial status. This type of aid is totally need-based.
However, you can also apply for scholarships to receive financial support. There are all kinds of scholarships out there related to academics, sports, working status, and more. Don’t be afraid to apply for more than one scholarship. It’s possible to obtain multiple!
Work with Jantzi Test Prep
Understanding the college admission process is important in helping you get accepted to the school of your dreams. As you’ve learned, you need to submit an outstanding application with impressive test scores! That’s why you should work with an online tutor from Jantzi Test Prep. Our experienced tutors will provide you with the tools and knowledge you need to feel confident about taking the SAT and ACT. We look forward to helping you earn a fantastic score!